dilluns, 27 d’octubre del 2014

VENES PLENES D'INVISIBLE

Avui Sylvia Plath hauria fet vuitanta-dos anys. L'octubre de 1962, poc abans de la seva mort, va deixar enregistrada aquesta lectura de "A Birthday Present". Un regal esplèndid, ja ho veureu.

(...) It stands at my window, big as the sky.
It breathes from my sheets, the cold dead center

Where split lives congeal and stiffen to history.
Let it not come by the mail, finger by finger.

Let it not come by word of mouth, I should be sixty
By the time the whole of it was delivered, and to numb to use it.

Only let down the veil, the veil, the veil.
If it were death

I would admire the deep gravity of it, its timeless eyes.
I would know you were serious.

There would be a nobility then, there would be a birthday.
And the knife not carve, but enter

Pure and clean as the cry of a baby,
And the universe slide from my side.


[En català, la veu poètica de Plath ressona gràcies a Montserrat Abelló. Aquí podeu llegit mitja dotzena de versions seves.]


0 comentaris:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

Gràcies per la vostra opinió

Nota: Només un membre d'aquest blog pot publicar entrades.